Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bible reading in 90 days

http://www.faithvillage.com/article/d3dcc236387d463e8847180c5860895b/why_i_read_the_bible_every_90_days

This pastor makes a point of reading through the entire Bible four times a year. I think it is a great idea. I can get through the NT in about a month if I try, but I have never tried to read the entire Bible in a single season.

I have recently started using the CEB. It is such a breath of fresh air after coming from the KJV. It is very conversational and makes reading large sections much easier. I am able to read an entire gospel in one sitting. That is something I was never able to do before. Even if I don't stay with it will have been a good thing since it showed me that it is possible to read that much at one time. I read Matthew this morning in about an hour. I am pleased with that.  The fact that it is more easily understood will make it much more likely for me to keep up with my Bible study.


No comments:

Post a Comment